Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBF 1000??

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by timbo79, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hello all just after some info. call me stupid but the cbf 1000 is this a new bike and what is it like if it is not?? i dont think i have seen it around before

does it compare to the hornet 900 (i know its not naked and anoth 100 cc's )or is it a pure sports bike or a sit up and beg type of riding style??

infomation on this bike would be appriciated

thanks all :)
  2. It's a 'brand new' bike that has been available on European market for nearly two years now. It definitely is not a pure sports bike, it is however a very competent and practical everyday, do-anything bike. Think a slightly smaller (and unfortunately, in our market considerably more expensive) Bandit.
    Or a slightly larger (and yes - more expensive) TDM.
  3. I've done some leg work for those too lazy to google :) Here's some reading material: Review in Telegraph and what seems more like a marketing blurb than a review, but is pretty detailed nevertheless, here

Frankly, it is pretty much the kind of bike I'd be interested in when the time comes to actually spend my own money - what some call 'boring', I consider 'useful in the real world' instead... The only thing I don't like is the price.
  4. Wow timbo79, you're certainly taking your time making sure you find something that is 100% perfect for you! I could never be that patient (unless I was on restrictions, during which I changed my mind about what bike to get every 5 minutes :LOL: )