Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cbf 1000 opinions

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by swanie1975, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I'm after any opinions good,bad or otherwise on the mk1 2008 honda cbf 1000. I'm seriously considering getting one as it seems to suit my needs pretty well.

Mainly commuting everyday to work (20-30mins) and having a play on weekends. Have lately test ridden a fz1 but while fun I really don't need that sort of high end performance ( or the temptation lol) .

Hoping someone can share their experiences as they seem fairly rare. I personally like the look and abs is a good selling point to the wench!

Thanks in advance
  2. I didn't even know these machines existed until a few weeks ago when I met one on the road.
    I haven't ridden one, but I certainly agree they look very nice
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Vertical C, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    I would check if it has the cbr1000rr engine from 2008 which is the oil burning engine. It might be the older pre 2007 engine which was fine.

Though they all dont burn, but a lot do. Something to consider.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Had one for a while, and found it a very nice bike. reasonably lazy engine (being a detuned blade motor) but you wind the throttle on and it will surprise you.

Very comfy for longer trips, and I believe the pillion seat is particularly comfortable.

I would say its a bit heavy to be truly sporty, but you can still have enough fun to get in trouble if you're not careful. If you can get one with the matched luggage its perfect for touring, and with adjustable seat, handlebars and windshield you've got a heap of scope for making the bike 'just right'.

Can't think of much else at this point :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I haven't ridden one either, but there's something about the CBF part of the name appeals. :)