Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBE125E Rear tyre

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by UserInterface, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Hi Guys, I need to get a new rear for my bike as I currently have a tire that was probably meant to be a front wheel on a old Yamaha or something... Needless to say this tire is extremely slippery in the wet.
    I'm hoping that I can just buy the tire and put it on myself with the current inner tube to keep cost down.

I was unemployed for almost a year and they put this tire on extremely cheap for me just so I could get to interviews.

Can anyone recommend a cheap one? I never had any issues with the original tire, i just took a chunk out of it when I hit pot hole.

I live in Canterbury, but anywhere around the east side of city is fine.

Thanks everyone!
  2. Riders Highway quoted $120 or $140 fitted.
    Is this reasonable?
  3. That sounds very reasonable.
    Very unlikely you'd have an inner tube in your tyre too. Usually only for spoked wheels on a dirt bike or adventure tourer.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I get that every time.
    100% that it has a inner tube, punctured the tire a few times and also watched the guy put this one on. Would be nice to have a tire that doesn't have one though, might ask around for that.