Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CBE Battery Charger - Help - Instruction Manual

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by zilli, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I recently purchased a battery charger off a friend. Its this one http://www.bikebiz.com.au/products/CBE-Battery-Charger.html but it didnt come with instructions.

Ive read a couple of general links on google at knowledge sites, but im just wondering if anyone can help me out with the original? or talk me through it?

This may seem simplistic to some, so im sorry, but ive never used one before and was interested.

Thanks

2. Zilli, it's literally as simple as you think it is.

Connect the coloured clip to the same colour battery terminal.
    Plug in the power pack.
    Connect the clip cable to the power pack cable by pushing the connectors together.
    Turn on the power.

The cable with the round brass terminations allows you to permanently install the brass bits onto the battery, after which you route the cable with the connector bit located somewhere convenient/easy reach.

Hope this helps.

3. sweet its that easy!

I didnt get the cable with the terminators unfortunately... which is a shame because it wouldve been great to connect and leave it... but i do note that i can purchase them seperately...

I noted somewhere this wont work on a completely flat battery is that right?

4. Basically right, though no harm in trying. A battery that's been dead flat for a long time most likely won't be revived by a trickle charger.

A trickle charger keeps a good battery primed between long spells - so it's really about prevention.