Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB900 electrical noise problems

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Kaos, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Gday, ive put a CB900 Bol'dor engine in a buggy, and am having electrical issues. I started it like a year ago and ran it for a few seconds, but now when i built up some canbebotheredness i went out to see if i could start it again, so hooked up the battery charger, then flicked the ignition switch to on ready to crank it, but the coils are making a weird vibrating/clicking noise, and often there is also the same noise coming from cylinder 4 i think it is, which i can only assume is the sparkplug firing.
    What might be the cause of this?

2. I think the "rolla dors" had points ignition so check there isn't something shorting across one of the points (should be 2 sets) OR the wiring from coils to points may have deteriorated over timeand is partially shorting.If its electronic ignition it could be the same fault with wiring.

3. I'd say you have a spark leak on the HV side.

Try doing it in the dark. You will probaby see the spark then

Chances are one of your leads is cracked and is earthing to the chasis of the engine itself.