Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB400 Remap

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Gregors, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Anyone in SA know where one can get his shit dyno'd and get the fuel maps looked at? Have put a new can on my CB and am desperate to get the fuelling looked at.

Any advice is appreciated.

2. The guys in the cb400 thread state as our bikes are efi the bike adjusts itself to the end can. Me and a few other netriders got full moriwaki systems put on and no one afaik got any maps and nobodies got any issues thus far. It's been close to a year.
    If infact a remap is required on an efi bike id be interested and wil get it done aswell.
  3. If you're wanting to get every last hp out of it go for it otherwise dont bother with a custom map unless you're experiencing issues (surging, non linear power (eg dip in power at a particular spot in rpm), fuel efficiency issues, bad on/off throttle response, etc.)
  4. Just having some slight issues, and a LOT of popping etc on decel, which means it's running a touch lean as far as I know, due to the oxygen sensor getting funny readings, from what I've been told.
  5. Which means you now have an air leak, more than likely caused by the fitting of the can.
  6. Not sure if they'd be big enough to make a difference, but the rivets holding the carbon shroud on do leak a bit, as in you can actually hear a difference when you cover them up. Perhaps I will whip them out and put some better, non China spec ones in there and see how I go from there :D
  7. I'd be looking closer at the slip joint were the can slips over the collector:)