Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB400 Fly Screen

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by NotHisRealName, Apr 14, 2010.

1. There seems to be a couple of fellow CB400 riders here, and I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has a genuine Honda CB400 fly screen fitted?

I'm thinking about getting one for (slight) improvement in aerodynamics/economy, wind deflection, and personalisation, but I'm not 100% sure what the bile looks like with one attached.

Does anyone have any pictures of their bike with the screen fitted, and can help me out?
  2. I believe the genuine screen + fitting costs between $350 - 400.

If you want aftermarket read below.

I've been looking in to this and have been recommended a mob in WA called eagle screens. However I will get it until after I get my moriwaki exhaust for my cb400.

Below is an email they sent me:

The H-90 is to fit to existing Honda Brackets which we don't supply.

We have 2 other Naked Bike screens that fit most round headlight models including yours:-
    NB-01 for $160 and NB-06 for $160 both of which can be seen in the attached “Word” document
    Both are available in Dark Tint, Light Tint and Clear. The NB-01 is also available in Mercury for $175
    Fitting kits are included.
    Once made, Perth close metro area is only $10. Elsewhere, delivery is $20.
    Ordering is online via email and payment can be made by Credit Card or Direct Deposit.
    Card payment attracts a 2% Bank surcharge though.
    All consultancy and technical information is answered by email.
    Quote is current for 24 hours
  3. Hey mate i have a screen installed on my cb400 and i think it looks pretty good.

I have never ridden without out it but im sure it makes a difference with the wind.

Not too sure how much it cost either it came with the bike.

I have an image but the photo was taken when i had an accident so its slightly bent and scratched but good enough to see if you like it 8-[

Attached Files:

4. Me want one too. Any thoughts on how important it is for it to be genuine Honda?
  5. Mine is genuine honda, but to tell the truth all it is, is a piece of overly expensive perspex with a nice chrome bracket.

If what you find looks good and has a nice strong bracket, then i think that would be fine
  6. Guys,

I bought a brand new Honda CB400 Super Four with ABS in September of this year. I am getting a little frustrated with the lack of accessories / info available here in Aus. I am *slowly* finding things - thanks to great sites like this one - but this morning, I decided to set up http://www.cb400riders.com/

Please feel free to register and help me build a bit of a knowledge base / reference for fellow CB400 owners worldwide.

7. Yeh, I am looking at one of these too. Although someone mentioned elsewhere that nothing else quite fitted or looked as good as the OEM screen.