Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB400 bar end mirrors problem

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by matthematica, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I've scoured the CB400 threads here and on Google and am still a little unsure of what I'm doing, so I'd appreciate any and all help. Here are the mirrors I bought (just cheapies from ebay) and here are my bar ends:

So I can't thread the mirrors into the bars because they're not really hollow (this is a 2015 CB400). I tried taking all the metal pieces off the mirror (as in the photo) and just screwing it straight into the bar (had to use the stock bolts as the ones that came with the mirrors were too thick) but this was a problem on the throttle side as the mirror would rotate with it. My other option is to bolt the mirrors on to the end of the pre existing bar ends (would have to buy longer thread bolts) but I'd rather my bike not be that wide. Any other ideas? I'd appreciate any help because this is driving me nuts.
  2. bump! did you end up finding a solution for this?
  3. Yeah and if those bar ends are in good nick I'll purchase them from you, some deadshït knocked my bike over the other day and scratched the shit out of one of em...
  4. Your expanding type sleeves on the cheap mirrors are designed to go in a hollow handle bar, not the filled Honda style with the notched steel retainer... I don't know how easy it is to get the threaded retainer out, but once you do that you can just jam the bar end mirrors in and tighten up...
  5. I pulled my original Honda notched retainer out, by destroying the rubber. Did you manage to remove yours without damaging them?