Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB400 Aux Lights

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Geoffrius, Mar 3, 2012.

1. This post is really just FYI in case any CB400 owners are interested in wiring up an auxiliary set of lights. These are more so other drivers/riders can "see me" (more conspicuous) rather than forward illumination.

The Motolights were a gift and so I finally decided today to bite the bullet and wire them myself - and save $200 install.

Below is a summarised edition minus the swearing and the fact it took me 4 hours :)

1. Undid the nut holding the tank on, slid the tank toward the back of the bike and pulled it up gently. This allowed me to run the wiring safely.

2. Farted around trying to find a switched wire in the loom under the seat. Turned out I was off the mark - and ended up taking the duck tail off as I could see some extra wires but couldn't get to them.

3. Found the license plate light wire (Brown) - tapped into that and all was well.

4. Voila - They're on and working. These are my lo-power LED's - I've got a 6w pair on order from the US.