Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB250F Hornet!

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Rolkus, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Well, after the unfortunate news that my Kawaki was written off, I went in search of a new bike. While the Kawaki was great, and never missed a beat, I wanted to try something different.

I've never been a fan of Naked bikes, not one bit. But then I found a Honda CB250F Hornet - and wet myself a little. Just the shape of the bike, the mean-ness and the oldschool look of it captured me.

So I went out in search of one, finding one on these forums for sale. But it sold. So I posted that it was sold and a member of the forums jap told me he had one for sale. So he sent some pics through and needless to say I went to check it out as soon as I could.

Went and met Dave (jap) and saw his other pride and joys (Both Kawasaki's!) and took it for a test ride. Was blown away with how smooth the ride was, so I told him I'd take it.

He was kind enough to drive from Rowville to Wyndham Vale (No small feat) and drop it off after work on Wednesday.

Instantly took it up and down my street, quite a few times.

It's now registered and I've begun some small work on it PROJECT THREAD HERE.

But needless to say, am blow away by this bike, so much power at the lower revs, and by god, is it loud.

Edit: Pic's taken by jap, to show me what the bike looked like! Visit project thread for more.

2. I'm having second thoughts now:nopity: I miss my little Hornee!

3. Welcome to team Hornet! Great looking bike, lovely colour, also keen to see what you make of it in your project thread. i need some idea's for mine haha.

Edit: They sound great too, i would love to get a twin pipe set up, you can pick them up for about a grand imported from japan. but that makes them HOLYWTF loud. :p
  4. One thing I've notice is the colour code from Honda on the chassis is silver - I knew the bike had previously been written off, but hey, it used to be silver!
  5. Hey Rolkus,
    How is the bike running after the service and tune?