Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cb250 nighthawk left indicator problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Chogy123, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Hi guys, my honda cb250 nighthawk's left indicator doesnt work properly. When I mean it doesnt work properly i mean that the rear blinker doesnt flash it just stays on permanently when the switch is on left and the front indicator doesnt turn on at all. I dont think its the indicator fuse box thing, because when I hit the dashboard a few times it usually starts working normally again.
    Any suggestion on how to fix it would be great, ive checked and cleaned most wires but kinda given up! Cheers! :)

2. Check the lamp isn't blown, the circuit needs both to work properly. You could also have a bad connection in behind the headlight where the rest of the wiring is.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. hit it really fcuking hard
    used to work for my old black and white tv anyways
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sounds like the front globe is blown, this reduces the current drawn and slows the flash rate (in your case to permanently on).
    Open the front blinker and see what bulb you need and go and get one or two new ones.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. But if I hit the dash a bit it works again so cant be a blow bulb :/
  6. Yep, it can still be a faulty globe, but it could also be a loose connection. The connections are inside the headlight shroud. Take off the headlight and start checking for loose connections. It could also be a globe that's not secured in its socket properly. Check for that as well. You'll need a #2 Phillips screwdriver.
  7. Ah ok yeah ill check the bulbs then! Thanks for that
  8. Yep was just a loose connection behind the light! Easy fix :D
    • Like Like x 2