Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CB125e pricing [vic]

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by mattizie, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hi folks, it's been a while, but I'm finally getting back on the bike (after a long suspension of the sh!tty kind).

Anyway, honda's new cb125e has caught my attention and I have been doing some research into it before I buy.

What I'd like to know is how low can you go in terms of pricing from a dealer, and what are people's opinions about them, particularly if you own one yourself. I've heard that they really struggle to get up to 100, not that it matters though because the main freeway next to me is in a state of permanent roadworks (and has been for as long as I can remember) - the average speed is about 25mk/h according to wikipedia

10 points to whoever can guess its name.

Also, the cb125e, discuss.
  2. I see these bikes with decent size blokes standing next to them on my local dealers facebook page....I cringe....some 250's can be sluggish and suck at holding their own in traffic and day to day life - the only way i'd ever consider owning a 125 is if it was a 2 stroke.

my 2 cents would be buy a more powerful 2nd hand bike that's abit older if budget is a concern
  3. I'm reluctant to do the second hand thing (for an old bike), went down that road with the car... you wouldn't think an old camry would end up needing a new engine (blow 2 holes in the block), and a new gearbox, within 2 years.

TBH I'm thinking of getting a ninja 250, but I'm looking at the honda because it seems like a great deal.

It's almost along the same lines as toyota releasing a corolla that costs 6k brand new.
  4. I don't think they will move much on price, they are fairly well priced so I can't imagine there is a lot of fat in it. You are more likely to get some reduction on gear you buy at the same time. Boots, Helmet, Gloves ...

What the other guys say is true, it will be ok around town on the open highway though passing will be almost impossible. Particular if you are a larger guy. I have no immediate experience with these but had a good look at one when I was at HART for a meeting recently. They had one in their foyer. Seems to be reasonable build quality, they are made at Honda's factory in Thailand which is reflected in the price.

Take one for a test ride and see what you think.
  5. Seems like I'll have to give it a try...
    How would one go about getting a test drive exactly? I've never really done this with at a dealers, only in private sales, but there doesn't seem to be much of those around.
  6. I think cfmoto leader 150 can be better as its liquid cooled with 2 years warranty
    Try both I would suggest
  7. I looked real hard at the Cb125e, was $2,700 OTR but O.K. that was back in April. eventually went with a Yamaha YZF-R15. Chose it over the Honda 'cause its a 4 stroke, fuel injected and a 150, has a bit in reserve at 100km/h. Supposed to get to 140km/h. I got a run-out 2011 model as a new version had just come out for $3,500 OTR. If you are lucky there may still be 1 or 2 around.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would not buy that bike, save up to like 3.5 to 4 k and u can get a really nice ninja 250, zzr , gpx , etc
  9. Thats nearly double the price of what you can find a cb125e for on the second hand market however. Massive difference and the cb is perfect for the city