Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cb 400 26000km

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Elsinore, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Just wondering Where can I read up on my gear box. 2008 cb400, 26000km please. At times it can be smooth and other times 1st can be a little clunky. It was hard finding neutral after a ride yesterday back home, allowing it to move forward 30cm in first then stopping it was found easily. I bought this with log books and it has had all services including the 24000km one and is in excellent condition. Any thoughts out there please or is this normal for 1st and second to clunk a little. My elsinores certainly did.

Given that I have just returned to riding the road noise from front wheel, is this normal, I imagined it would be quieter. Not sure if it is the discs or bearings or that's the noise the front wheel makes. Like I said its been years now.

Ps its a ride and white go fast 400. Lol

Thanks

2. Classic symptom of clutch drag. Check your clutch cable adjustment. Mind you, it's also a classic symptom of having a Honda gearbox but they were usually like that from new :D.

3. Adjusted, warranty can look after front wheel bearing