Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Caused a near miss for my friend...

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by MeltingDOg, Apr 24, 2012.

1. OK so it's not that bad but kind of funny.

Also this is somewhat of an apology to those at the cafe at the top of Mt. Glorious last Saturday.

A mate and I decided to go for a bit of a ride up Mt. Glorious as it was a nice day.

All was going well until about halfway up. I'm in front and am giving it some tap in first gear when BANG! the Titan shoots one of its exhaust baffles right at my mate behind me! It literally shot out like a cannon at his bike and the poor guy almost came off!

Well we pulled over and had a look. It seems to just be a missing screw but we have no luck finding a replacement. We decided to take out both baffles, hide them at the side of the road and continue on our way hoping to find a hardware store or something at the top.

So, anyway, my apology to those riding up Mt. Glorious last Saturday: I am sorry for disturbing the peace! I know a 2 stroke with expansion chambers is loud but I really wasnt prepared for the absolute deafening wall noise of a 2 stroke, with expansion chambers, going up a mountain with no silencers what so ever!

I am also sorry for parking back on to the mulch pile at the top of the mountain near the cafe...in hindsight it was a terrible place to park and start my bike for the trip back and I hope no body suffered from allergies too much....
  2. If you don't want a baffle in the face you shouldn't ride behind a two stroke. Or any older bike, come to that :twisted:.
  3. It reminds me.. I used to have an SRX250, an '84, one day coming home frm work, going past the anzac bridge (in Adelaide), I thought.. man the bike sounds mean..
    And then.. I thought, this is actually a bit loud, even for this rattler.. I check the front, thinking one of the exhaust manifold may have com eloose.. look down..WTF!! the whole baffler had come off,, so I stuck behind a big as truck all the way home, so i wouldn't get stopped.. my son was cracking up when i got home.. he goes.. wow the bike sounds heaps bigger.. "whats missing, i go.. " he had a quick look and just started laughing.. bloody bike falling apart on me... never found the pipe though...