Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Caught red handed

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 99sydrd, Oct 8, 2008.

1. I've seen a bloke riding a 1098 ducati around kingswood lately, nice bike , it's full throttle for this dude , on the back well stuff in a 50km zone in a built up area near shops ect , you can hear the bike coming before you see it normally . Yesterday this dude comes flying up the road at mark v , dips into the round about , but what he does'nt realise is there's a red hwy patrol car turning right on the same round about. Well the 1098 neally takes the hwy patrol front end off as he fly's through the round about. Bad timing for the rider.

The Hwy patrol lights the tyres up , almost oversteering it , sirens fired up and pulls the 1098 over just up the road , i'm expecting a young buck rider and to my surprise this dude is in his 40's. Hwy patrol officer looked at tad cranky as he approached the bike rider.

I must admit i thought it was impossible to go through a round about that fast , i expected him to crash. I came back past the site later and the bike was parked up with no rider. I think sarg through the book at him. Can the police lock you up for riding silly or fast.

Anyway bad luck dude, but riding like that your lucks going to run out eventually.
  2. Reckless driving; being a dick in a manner dangerous.
  3. Hoon laws.....

Not surprised it was an older guy; most young blokes couldn't afford to buy a wheel
  4. Sounds like one of the few who ride sportsbikes the way they're built to be ridden.
  5. A mate of mine just picked up his 1098 and man it is a thing of beauty! It is life a ferrari, designed to be ridden/driven hard! But ya pay the piper

If he wanted a slow bike he would have bought one :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Must have been a Shannon's rider - a red-blooded Italian; it's not his fault for riding with passion: there's no redline on the tacho so, unlike bikes that have them, you have to shift by feel!
  7. :LOL:
  8. hahahah thats f%$king hilarious, btw that add really shits me, good to see a ducati rider that actually rides his bike though, the guys i know that have ducatis spend all there time looking at it and polishing it but then again i cant blame them
  9. rofl
  10. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. +1

Sounds like he needs to pick better places to ride though!
  12. hoon laws? don't they take the bike for that, not the rider....
  13. Not any more ...

Now they leave the bike and crush the rider ...

14. Let alone afford to buy a 1098. Unless they were test riding one.

I agree with the other boys that bikes should be ridden hard now and then, only when its safe, and only when others safety isn't in danger. A roundabout, come on lol.
  15. shame he is a d!ck about where he does it then!
    suburbia is not the place for a 1098.
    buy a shed on the outskirts of town, just before the hills.
    then you can release the beast when it needs a run, but not torture it with 50km/h zones :grin:
  16. :wink: :LOL:

Perhaps the guy rides like a stupid amt of kms every day on boring straight hwys to his work and this roundabout is his only joy. :wink: :LOL:
  17. And what's unusual about a 40 something rider giving it the berries on the road !!!! :evil:
  18. Hahah
  19. ...and I'm not insecure about my age at all! :LOL:
  20. That statement makes you think I'm insecure :LOL:

I'm proud of my age, it has allowed me 34 years racing experience (and 34 years road riding), 35 years working in the motorcycle industry experience, credentials that not just anyone has ;-)

Stu you'll have to try again to get me back for my criticism of your wanky post last week (or whenever it was). :)