Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

castlemaine, vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by stepto and son, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Gday folks,

Im from castlemaine, vic
    I have a few old jap bikes, and a frame for a bsa bantam
    My current restore project is a 1991 honda spada vt250
    Im having trouble finding a correct dash for the spada

2. Welcome Gavin. Some nice roads up your way.
  3. Welcome to Netrider, Gavin :)
    Hopefully, someone here may be able to help you out with a Dash for your Spada.
  4. Hello Gavin, welcome to NetRider. Nice to have you here.

"'ere, 'arold - there's someone at the door!"

"I know that farver, fank you!"
  5. Welcome. Hope to see you around some Vic rides.
  6. Hi Gavin and welcome to NR
  7. Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

im slowly getting through all the forums, theres a great amount of handy info
    Im hoping to find a thread about using a aftermarket or different model dash for the spada, since im having so much hassle finding a original dash
  8. Two problems with getting instuments etc for Spadas. (been there done that)

One; they are an intrinsically reliable bike which means that they don't end up in wreckers unless they crash - which usually means those bits are damaged.

Two; Most (not all) Spadas have a problem with the instument needles. The amount of UV light we get means that they turn brittle and break off.

Worth persevering though - Spadas are probably one of the finest (non 2-stroke) 250's made and a lovely little bike. Far better than the later VT250's. Honda stopped producing them because they were too expensive to manufacture and couldn't be sold at a competitive price.
  9. findapart.com.au is another one you can try
  10. thanks for the links
    I have contacted most of the wreckers via email. no luck yet but they will keep my details. Im not fussed if i change to a different dash, like a cb, etc, I just thought it would be nice to have the bike original

Damn thing supprised me on a test ride, i wasnt expecting the torque, not sure what i think of the exhaust sound yet :)