Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Caseing the Sun

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Limey RC51, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Hi all I've been told you've had some hail down there.

Save you from going to the friuge for ice cudes :LOL:

It's cold wet and very very windy up here :cry:

Need some help, I'm looking for welding jobs in the south west (near Phillps Island :wink: would be good)

I'm thinking of comeing over permantly but I've been told it's easyer if I can get a business to sponser me.

It looks like I'll do a 1 year visa first and then ......well I don't know

Can you guy and girls help me out please. :D

2. Hey, this is Melbourne - we get the proverbial 4 seasons in one day!

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out. IIRC there's a shortage of qualified welders here at present, so fingers crossed.

3. depends on your age,

if you are under 30 you can get a 1 year working holiday visa (50 quid from memory) and seek sponsorship while you are over here.

that is how i got my sponsorship (3 years) and at the end of this year i will apply for permanent residency

if you are over 30 i would think you would have to be sponsored to come over though.

4. Migration to australia is not easy (though I doubt it is any more difficult then elsewhere). Being a welder you already have one strength because welding is given the highest rating on the skilled occupation list (meaning Australia is short...)

Check out http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm for skilled migration requirements. It has a link to the skilled occupations list on it, as well as a book describing all the hurdles that you would have to go through to apply.

5. Cool it's looking a bit easyer than I thought (which is cool :D )

I don't serpose there's any MD's on this sight that could be looking for a welder or two?

Hay you never know if you don't ask :LOL: