Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Cartoonist required for satirical Political motorcycle strip.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Guys,

I'm on the hunt for someone with cartooning skills... who'll be happy to donate their time for the creation of a satirical cartoon about the state of FNP play in Victoria...

Any hints, suggestions, tip offs, greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Nosoh .. Is or was in that line of work from memory ! Worth a pm
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've been told my cartoons are not too bad. Must be years of practicing in my school notebooks (sitting in the back benches). :)

Any ideas that you've in mind? I'll also try to get my creative brain back from the wife and see if I can breathe some life into it. It's been a while since I've used it. Heheh...
  4. G'day mate. Thanks for indicating some interest. Would you have any samples I can see??

I am thinking of an A4 page of frames, black and white, showing a conversation between a stylised officious high powered appointed bureaucratic character and something representing riders, along the lines of a dilbertesque extended strip maybe???

It could be a phone conversation with the visuals focussed on the bureaucrat and the rider's side of the conversation showing up in conversation bubbles from the ear piece or coming from outside the frame. I don't know.

It has to be easy to read and I guess visually simple.

I have an idea of a script - that might set the creative direction.

Pm me.

5. I'll utilize my work scanner to scan a cartoon or a doodle & email you.
  6. Ooohh, I'd love to have a bash at this. Will try something when I get home from work tonight.
  7. Yeah, mine need a lot of work...

• Like Like x 4
  8. Love your work Grant. :) ...espesh the second one. The first one is too painful to read - it's too true.

I'll forward you something regarding the concept...