Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cars (the movie)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pvda, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Took my 6yo nephew to see the new Pixar animated feature "Cars" last night with his mum and a few other adults (yes the 6yo was the excuse).

Great movie with a good story and it's amazing what they can do with animation these days especially on the big screen.

One of the adults was a mate of mine who is also a motorsport nut and we both commented that the NASCAR racing sequences were better than those on "Days of Thunder" which isn't hard to do :rofl:

Do yourself a favour and go and see it.

2. I definitely intend to take Will along to that. As well as "Over the Hedge".
  3. I think I need to borrow a child so I can have an excuse to go see these movies. With all the crap movies they make these days, at least they are producing some quality stuff for the young at heart.
  4. You don't really need a kid with you. I noticed a few adults entering without a kid in tow to the 6pm session at Highpoint last night and the group I was in had 5 adults and 1 6yo.

Mind you I did have "the kid" with me when I went to see Thunderbirds & Herbie Fully Loaded last year :wink:
  5. :LOL: well I'm taking my niece and nephew to see it if they like it or not :p I just couldn't walk into the cinemas to see this movie without kids in tow :eek:

Should be seeing it tomorrow... from all the reviews I've heard, the adults have enjoyed it more than the kids :grin:
  6. I watched the trailer to this and am definately going to see it ...... the voice for the Mexican low rider cracks me up ... may have to take my grandson for this one ....... but he will be availble to rent if others need an excuse to go..... (however a security deposit will be required)
  7. I am going to see this movie with my boy and the wife, I think I am more keen to see it then my son?
  8. well I should be taking my nephew to see this later today... I'm definitely more excited to see it than he is :LOL:
  9. I'm just gonna go to a midday session before the school holidays so no one sees me going into a childrens movie :?
  10. :LOL: I think Troy's going today with his little one, u could probably tag along so you don't have to worry about going into a kids movie with no kid :wink:
  11. That's one thing that gets me with this type of movie. People label them as a "kids" movie. Why? Because it's animated? Alot of the humour in them is usually stuff that kids would not understand and is aimed at the adults.

Having said that though, they do appeal to the kid in me. And I would happily go see it with or without William.
  12. Im going to see it in the next half an hour...
    Ive been waiting a while to see it so im soooo excited.

I dont think you need a kid as an excuse, the bf and i go to these moviesd all the time...
    we love them!
  13. Your always welcome to come with some 'adults' to the next tues coffee movie session :) as this movie is the next one on the list!
  14. Ok peeps, just got back from watching the movie...
    It is sooooo cute, i loved it.

I was expecting it to be a little better but still very fun viewing.....
    The only downfall was the 50,000 kids in the theatre but it was all good, you sort of tune out after a while :shock:

Have fun and would love to hear what everyone else thought of it!
  15. well i didnt go today
    but will be taking the little on next week to go and watch it hehe
    yes im doing it just for her :wink: :LOL:
  16. Went to see it today. As Will said as we were leaving.... "We HAVE to get that on DVD when it comes out".

We both thoroughly enjoyed it.

And for anyone yet to see it, stick around for the end credits. It has stuff all through them.
  17. I went and saw the movie with my mum. I never have kids with me to see animated movies. Probably cause I don't hae any or know any that are available when I want to go to the movies. :LOL:

I also can't wait to see "Over the Hedge" when it comes out.

Looks as good as Cars.. :cool:
  18. Well who'd be up for a ride night to see cars, the hedge or such??? my kids are grown up and i need to blame some one else for going there :)
  19. I took my b'f along to see Cars tonight ..and it was an awesome movie.. very funny for little kids and big kids stuck inside adult bodies! :wink: :grin:
  20. Yeah my girlfriend took me out to see it yesterday :) I loved it!