Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Caring for your gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Spart106, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Hey Forum,
    I just got some better boots, Dianese Tempest leather boots - how do I care for them? Is it the same as leather boots where you keep them clean and use boot leather conditioner?

With textile gear, is it just wash when needed and keep hanging up so sweat dries up?

2. Also interested in this info as a new rider!
  3. For leather, just clean with a damp cloth to remove bugs and stuff, then treat with Renapur leather balsam (ebay for about $30), a little goes a long way and a small tub will last you for years.

For textile gear, hand wash in Nikwax Techwash and treat with Nikwax TX Direct works well.

Product Details - Andy Strapz
  4. Needsford Oil works well
  5. Thanks! I need to get some leather care products! I did just get stuff to get odor out my helmet :)
  6. #7 Rus Ler, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Dont forget to use Kiwi nugget polish for your boots before any other treatment to keep them looking like new
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Thanks! My boots where expensive so I need to look aftrr them hahaha
    • Agree Agree x 1