Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cargo net for bikes

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by raven, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Does anyone know where I can buy one of those small "cargo nets" that are made for bikes?
    They are just big enough to go over anything that may be tied down on the rear of the seat to keep everything together - have hooks around them, and stretch etc.

Thanks gang

2. I bought mine from Nova now Metro Ducati Ringwood.
    You'd be close to Mick Hone in Box Hill.
    Alternatively there's Bike Mart: loads of accessories, in Ringwood.
  3. If anyone knows I wouldn't mind one also, the last one I had I lost (and I bought that one in the UK!).
  4. Funnily enough, mine was a "genuine Honda product"...
  5. I have one but it was not made specifically for bikes... it cost me $50 from Peter Stevens. It's a boblebee brand, has 2 adjustable straps that tie down and 4 plastic hooks that fit nicely under the seat... I can just fit a full face helmet under it (at full stretch) originally bought for use with my backpack.

Only other place I've seen them are in Sydney in a shop called A2B on Oxford St near South Dowling (from memory)
  6. Yes, that's the sort of thing I was looking for :)

I'm not sure why they are less common over here in Oz...
  7. How secure are those things? I mean if they work well I would definitely invest in one.
  8. I've got one in each backpack - about $10 (with discount) Brians Bikemart - shop 4/70 Maroondah hwy, Ringwood.
  9. That's the idea, but this is a smaller one for helmets only.
    I've seen bigger ones that would stretch over a sleeping bag, tent bag, and say a clothing bag if they were all sitting on the seat.

They're brilliant things if anyone can find one (groan)
    I've been asking around the various M/cycle stores without any luck so far...
  10. Bikemarts got 'em!?..shish...ok...thanks Jim.
    The ones that you have...are they the smaller helmet version or the bigger one, mate?
  11. Bigger than just a helmet. I picked up my new arai vector helmet on friday and tied down the box it came in with one of the nets without a lot of trouble. I have sometimes carried 2 nets just in case. At 10 bucks it isn't any biggy.
  12. yeah scratch that...
    Bikemart $10 don't get ripped by PS like me
  13. Yup Bikemarts the go John, they come with the plastic clips on them, but I took them off.

Have noticed that mine rub a little on the fairings
  14. Thanks for the tip, Nobby...I'll look out for any chances of rubbing, mate.
    Don't wanna damage the new bike...eeeek! :)