Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Carby Tuning a cbr250r ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Traviss, May 24, 2008.

1. Ok I have the equipment and the tools and can tune them But where do you plug it into there's no little rubber boots cliped on to the diaphram housing .there is 2 down draft ports in the throttle body intake but I cant see where else they would go ...Any Ideas its a bit hard to get an informative manual on line.

2. Put your carb tune vacuum meter on either:
    - tube stems coming from the engine side of the carby or on the manifold (sometimes capped sometimes with a pollution hose on it), or,

- a threaded hole with a bolt in that you can remove the bolt to install a tube/adaptor.

Adaptors installed on a big blade
  3. Thanks Hotcam its the same as the big blade 4 bolts in the intake manifold 2 in the centre and 2 on the sides ,its all tuned and running well they where out by a mile ( 18 year old with no clue and a screw driver ).
    The engine was that dirty I had to wash it to see them. It had me going as it had no tune plugs or balance pipes on the rubber intakes and nothing on the top of the carby ..Thanks again