Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

carby synchro tool

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Androo, Nov 5, 2004.

1. hey, i was wondering if anyone could recommend a tool for synchronising carbs?

otherwise i might just go the water-in-a-tube method...

2. thanks! thats exactly what i was looking for :)

3. No probs Androo, am going to grab a "kit" myself next week after "pay day" :D

They look like a decent set at a reasonable price, sure makes the job of "synching" the carbs easier :D

4. why not just throw a carby party for all the untuned netriders :p

5. cabbies I cant find any on mine think its fuel injected? unless someone stole them

6. fuel injection is for pansies :p

(i heard you have to syc throttle bodies too actually...)

7. update on this - i decided to try oil in a plastic tube before i forked out for the gauges, and it worked really well!

i used about a metre of 10mm clear plastic tubing ($3 at bunnings) with about 3cm worth of oil. i then taped the tube to the 1 and 2 vacuum hoses, and adjusted them until the oil was stationary. i then did the same with the 3 and 4 hoses. i then used one from either side (might've been 1 and 4, but it doesnt matter). after that the bike idled smoother and revved nicer, yay :D

8. Where would be big enough to house them all?

9. I'm sure there is one in Tarneit!!! LOL you asked for that, BTW whens the house warming? :p

10. When the lawn in my backyard is capable of holding people's weight.

11. new lawns , no shortage of manure down living near the shit farm :LOL:

12. I was hoping to put one of my daughters bibs, you know, the ones that have the curved ends to catch their food, I can use one on you and collect all the shit you dribble.

13. when i posted i was talking to Deb on the phone and said "i bet vic comes back with something about dribbling shit"

your getting predictable in your old age vic :wink: