Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

carby problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by dags260, Sep 11, 2007.

1. i know its hard to diagnose over the net but i was hoping for some help if possible. i have a suzuki GN250 engine in a buggy and it breaks down at higher revs (no tacho im guessing above 3500 or so) under load. the bowl has plenty of fuel in it when you drop the drain plug so im guessing lack of fuel isnt a problem. ive pulled the carb off and opened the butterfly to find a big black cylinder slide (slides up and down) inside the carby which doesnt move at the same time as the butterfly. it sounds like its vaccum operated, diaphragm in the top looks fine. should this slide open and shut with the butterfly, does it have to have a vaccum line connected to the engine somewhere (currently doesnt) or is it self regulated?
    thanks for any help.
    Darran

2. i would check the jets in the carb are fitted properly and clean , souds like a prob with the main jet

3. Sounds like an ignition problem too.
    A tip, I have fixed heaps of fuel problems with electrical work.

Regards, Andrew.