Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

carby problem nsr150

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by nicka9x, Feb 23, 2010.

1. The bike idles at 1300rpm and when you pull the choke it quickly dies down to 1000rpm and then slowly rises to 1600rpm, it should go to 3000rpm. But when you rev the bike and release the trottle it fall to 3000rpm where the choke should be. As you push the choke in it falls to the idle revs of 1300rpm and when you pull the choke out again the same thing happens, it quickly dies down to 1000rpm and then slowly rises to 1600rpm. I have cleaned every part of the carby and used fresh fuel. When the bike is idling I have used compressed air down the choke passage of the carby and the revs increase.

2. I don't think I understand the problem. Is the engine cold throughout these tests?
    More to the point; why do you need to use the choke if it is idling fine without it? It's pretty mild in Melbourne at the moment...

3. The engine is cold throughout these tests. I use the choke all year round when starting the bike. The bike runs better when the engine is warmed up. It only takes a minute. The time it takes to put all your gear on, the bike is ready. Yes, the bike can start without the choke. The problem is that that the choke is not working.

4. Not entirely sure of the issue either. The choke is only used to start the bike (esp when cold) if needed. That's all.

Why do you say the revs should go to 3000rpm with the choke pulled out? I think you might be over complicating things? By your description the choke is working as it has an effect on the running of the engine.