Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Carbon wrapped tank

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Ampto, Mar 12, 2012.

1. So after my bike fell ass over tit in the garage today, i'm juggling ideas and weather i should respray the tank or just get the dent pulled out and wrap the tank in either carbon fiber cloth or a vinyl wrap look alike

3M Di-NOC Wrap

Fairings wrapped video

I've seen it done has anyway tried it? I'm more worried about how long it lasts, i want it to last 5 years or more, at least as long as i plan on keeping the bike.
  2. I think the VTR will bear the battle scars much better then it would a cheap cover up, might even be worth shopping around for another tank the same colour.
  3. I have some carbon fibre vinyl for sale if you are after any, just pm me :)
  4. No dont do it !
    Heard the old saying......... lipstick on a pig
    VTR is a nice looking bike but not with faux CF
  5. I've decided to respray the tank, so no carbon fiber wrap. Had a look at a bike a few days ago that had been wrapped and i didn't like the look.

6. good choice. Vinyl wrapping with a textured vinyl is god-awful to apply and ends up skewed embossing over dints and chips.

7. What about a pre made padded tank cover? Theyre great especially going into the colder months.