Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

carbon fibre

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by barts, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Hi guys, I posted the same question in the mods section, but looking at it again I'm not sure I put it in the right spot? So apologises in advance for that.

I'm looking at putting on a carbon fender and rear hugger on my '96 RS250, and there are two aussie sites selling them, but with big price differences and I was just wondering what the difference between them was? And why such a big price difference?

One brand is the Tyga Performance, and the other is Geelong Carbon Craft - if it was a brand other than Tyga I probably would have assumed a real quality difference, but looking at this site a number of people recomend other Tyga products hence my question?

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Im guna guess TYGA have a bigger supply lines and can offer a lower price because they can move more stock. And can better offest the cost of casts ECT.
  3. Tyga stuff is made offshore. I'd bet that's the reason for the price difference, but really you should just give Chris from BComponents a call and ask him about the quality. From all reports he's a straight-up guy.
  4. Cheers for the help guys, I'll slip them a call tomoz.