Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Carbies - what happens at 9000rpm

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by PerfoRmancePIMP, Oct 1, 2006.

1. My gpx250 is having trouble getting over 9000 rpm. I have cleaned the carbies and checked the air filter and spark and adjusted the valves but hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas guys, cause I'm running out. :cry: I figure my carbies aren't doing something that they are spose to be doing at this revs, maybe. :?

2. Both carbies operational? Throttle cables allowed to open the carbies up fully? Timing ok? Just throwing some things around to think about.
  3. does your rev limiter cut in at 9000?
  4. Nah she revs out to 14000.

Everything looks good and works fine except I don't know what the carbie is doing with out x ray glasses.
  5. Have you done anything to the bike lately? Could you have left a rag in the airbox or something?

Could have a blocked main jet, faulty CDI box or throttle plates not opening fully......the list goes on.