Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Carbie/ Fuel problem on the Z250 ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by N2O, Aug 16, 2006.

1. I've been noticing that on the freeway, when I open the throttle all the way, there seems to be less power coming out than when the throttle is open just a little less. At wide open throttle in any gear that doesn't hit redline the bike sort of jerks back and forth. Like it's powering on, then powering off, and so on.

This was initially only happening at wide open throttle, but now it seems to be happening all the time, the bike constantly feels like it's powering on then off. The idle seems fine except that it revs up to around 2.5 then after around 30 seconds will drop down to 1.5

My fuel filter is a little brown so i'm going to change that, and I've noticed that in the side of my left side carbie there is a hole, that is covered up on the right side carbie. Could this be part of my problem?

I'm also going to drain the tank and flush with alcohol to make sure there is no water or anything getting in.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot guys
  2. Sounds like your carbies need a good clean and balance
  3. Kwaka carbys can have up to 3 different fuel deliver systems to my knowledge for different rev ranges. A blockage on any of the fuel delivery systems should affect a large rev range and not just peak revs.

It's always possible a small blockage on your primary "pilot jet" will only affect very high revs but it seems unlikely, I'd be thinking more of an electrical break down at high revs.

Coils can be a good one for running fine at low revs and only breaking down in the higher rev range, have a look at the plugs after a run. Wet plugs denote fuel but a lack of spark.

Grey plugs are sexy

White plugs suggest lean on the fuel side.

Hope it all comes together for you and you get the problem sourced out.