Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Carb Sync | ZX2R

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by say_wat, Jan 16, 2007.

1. I'm trying to do a carb sync on a 89 zx2r. I can't locate the pilot screws for adjusting the carbies to sync it ... Anyone have any experience with these bikes that can guide me somehow, Thanks!

2. The sync. screws are usually located between each of the carbies. So 3 in total.

They are never easy to get to and can face different directions.

They adjust the relationship between the two carbies they sit between.

So you adjust one of the two outer screws, to get the two adjacent cabies sucking the same, then you do the other, outer screw.

Then you do the centre screw, as this adjusts the two sets relative to each other.
  3. so there are 3 screws in between to sync them but what about the mixture screws for each carb?
  4. The mixture screws will be under the carb. They may be impossible to get to without pulling the carbs out.

These screws effect idle mixture and any thottle openings up to 1/4 slide lift. So a fair bit of actually riding conditions, though less so on a 250/4.