Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car tyre for my SR....

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by mattb, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Can anybody recommend a good car tyre for the rear wheel of my SR500? (Usual tyre 4.00-18 ; rim 2.15-18, not tubeless)

2. Joining the Darkside hey? Can't help with that, but I'm curious to know how it goes!
  3. Not on a skinny bike like the SR....I have other plans afoot! :wink:
  4. Ah the sidecar thing! Got it.
  5. Takin' it to the next level! :grin:
  6. Found these guys, in Melbourne http://www.antiquetyres.com.au/brand/vintage-motorcycle?page=2 Otherwise, looking to off-road tyres....or just finding a very cheap tyre to replace four times a year at least! (assuming it I continue to ride the GR a lot, otherwise....don't look for tread on my rear :))

No car tyres, it seems....

Here's their reply to my email - great prices!

"We have a few tyres available for your motorcycle/side car, the one we
    would recommend is the Metzler 400-18 rear tyre @ $145.00 we have one in stock, the other alternative is the Avon 400-18 rear tyre @ $185.00 also
    available ex stock."

Further UPDATE:

More info in case somebody searches this thread in future with the same question: this email from Pablo's Motorcycle Tyres in Melbourne: "Metzeler do a K-Block 4.00-18 sidecar rear which would be ideal for $159."