Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car Parks for Learners in Sydney Lower North Shore?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by OneStar, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Hi, could anyone suggest the closest open carparks that could be used for a learner to practice his skills - nearest location from Sydney's Lower North Shore?

2. There is all of the chatswood westfield and chatswood chase car parks. Best used early in the morning or late in the evening when they are not busy.

The woolies at northbridge or mosman.

Try some of the industrial estates around st. Leonards. On the weekends they are empty and plenty of nice paved road to ride on. Drive along herbert st and have a look on both sides of the road. Esp down towards the sbs offices.

3. +1 to St Leanords. If you REALLY want something smack bang in the lower north shore (read, NEUTRAL BAY), Primrose Park is actually a good spot. It’s only a small area, but big enough for cone weaves and U turns, but you have to go at night as there’s usually a lot of people there during the day. It’s about a 1 minute ride from military Rd.

Give us a heads up if you want to practice your slow stuff…… 4 months from now :p I’ve got a new hobby – controlling and weaving the bike at uber low speeds with no throttle, just controlling the clutch. Great fun. Wish I had done that for my Ps.
  4. I agree, there are business carparks opposite the sbs studios that you could practice.

I would also say that the westfield/chatswood chase carparks would be good (not free, but good). The streets behind chatty chase as well as they are quite wide.

I cant remember the name of it, but over in willoughby there is a bigish carpark you could go to aswell.

If you could get into places like the st leonard TAFE then it would be perfect. except i think that might come under the title of tresspassing.

I know that once i get my bike i will be going up the HART facility to learn on. They have a long, quite driveway that goes into the facility. good for cone practice, emergency stopping etc.