Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car or Bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 16, 2005.

1. This subject's been up a few times before, and always caused controversy, because the testing mostly seemed to be slanted in favour of the car, usually because it was done by a car magazine.
    This one is different;
    If it's been posted before please forgive me and enjoy it again, if not, read it an enjoy anyway.

2. Interesting article. I don't think it's going to satisfy everyone though. Looking at the lap times at around the minute mark, the track is obviously very short and therefore does confer an advantage upon the bikes. I'd like to see the same test done with the same machinery at Silverstone, for example, just in the interest of fairness.

Very impressive figures, though.
  3. Time for you two siblings to leave the nest.
  4. ?????????
  5. So they reckon they can beat a trick GSX-R1000 with a trick SR3 - good on em. We all know an F1 car can beat a bike, that's not the point. They probably spent 10 times the 20,000 pounds spend on the bike on the SR3 to get it anywhere near the gixxer, and sounds as if they want to spend even more.

Good luck to them, if they spend enough money, they'll eventually beat the bike. :roll: but it will be a frivolous victory IMO - stock bike still beats stock car.
  6. Actually, Dan, the bike won both challenges, or that's how I read it. Quickest top speed, best acceleration and fastest circuit time......
  7. I was referring to their conclusion that if they re-work the turbo and try the challenge at silverstone, the car would win.
  8. Ok, and as the tests showed, the stock bike demolished the stock cars, and how much are those suckers worth? You could buy, what, 10 bikes with the price of the Porsche?
  9. :wink: :wink: :wink:

10. Yep i think the age old argument might remain an age old argument, much like the rotary vs V8 debate i used to so lovingly stir-up...

Bang for buck value is what i go on. If i can go just as fast (or slightly ever so faster) with above 20k less damage to my wallet, i win!