Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Car NCB transferable?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by BlackSparrow, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I'm a Provisional rider but have had my car license for 20 years with full no claim bonus on car insurance. Any know if this carries over to bike insurance - the quotes online ask for my "No claim Bonus Rating" - is this some kind of independent rating like credit or something?

Cheers.

2. Not generally transferable, some insurance companies may give you a break if you have bike and car with them. You gotta haggle ;)

3. Unless the Q is more specific, use your car insurance NCB. It is the rating for the policy, if you were to get one.

Justus.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Read this question very carefully if it's an online quote. Most of them don't distinguish between a car and a bike policy.
    QBE are one of these (and they give a discount for Netrider membership). Ask them if you get a quote on the phone - they will usually say yes.

5. NRMA kept my Rating 1 for life for my bike insurance as well.

6. RACV gave me rating one even as a bike learner, as that's what my car rating was with them.

7. Swann gave me Rating 1 based soley on my car insurance. QBE did the same when my wife started. But we were both over 30 so that might have had something to do with it as well.

8. I've been looking for insurance and 'Insure My Ride' specifically asks what your NCB is for Car also.