Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car Mechanic Melbourne Area

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by minglis, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Hi All, are any of you fine ladies or gents a mechanic (car) in the Melbourne area? The brakes on my wife's car have gone. I took it out to drive it the other day, and noticed that the brakes were REALLY bad. So, I came home again and checked it out. There was no brake fluid. None. At all. (it was OK a few days earlier when I drove it, so, not just a case of the wife driving it and not noticing).

I put brake fluid in the reservoir, and watched it as it slowly leaked back out the bottom again. I'm told that it might be the reservoir itself, or the master head cylinder. I'm wondering how I could check that etc.

Called a wreckers (http://www.niss4x4.com.au/) and they quoted me $90 if it's the reservoir or $220 for the cylinder.

2. Bit far, but I can't fault Boronia Brakes. Great workmanship and no bullshit.
  3. For all your car needs, I can absolutely swear by Victor at Dino's Automative in Brunswick:
    132 Victoria Street, Brunswick East VIC 3057
    (03) 9380 6674 ‎

A one man show, he's completed honest and earnest. I've have to hassle him to take proper payment in the past! It's my partner who mostly takes her car to him, and there's no sexist nonsense either.
  4. Thanks guys.
  5. Minglis, Streetmaster is a mechanic, if you wanna PM him? but frankston is a hike!!