Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Car] Manually opening fuel door?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by bullet21, Jan 4, 2008.

1. i have a 2004 rodeo, and for some reason the lever wont make the petrol door open. Is there a way to open it manually?

thanks in advance.
  2. find the broken cable, and pull it.
  3. pardon me for being a noob, but where do i locates this magical cable? :shock:
  4. Start at the lever (which is probably where it's come detached) and you should hopefully find the end of it. If the lever is in the floor, pull up the carpet and you'll find a plastic track that the cable runs along.

If it's broken or detached further back, that could be a problem...
  5. We have a Falcon wagon (eGas) at work that the flap wont open if it has been shut to hard. It takes 1 person to hit the button while another pokes at the flap and makes it spring back. :mad:

We know to be gentle now :LOL:
  6. Tyre lever should do the trick. :wink:
  7. Our Falcon has an extra pull cord in the boot, maybe the rodeo has an extra pull cord behind the panel somewhere in the tray. My petrol flap release is a button though, rather than a lever to pull.
  8. ok ill give it a try, i dont want to use anything like a tyre lever cos i dont want to dent the door. I plan on selling it soon