Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car Insurance

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DisgruntledDog, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I just bought my wife a 10 year old Hilux. I was in a hurry so, I got insurance from AAMI for $700+ a year which is significantly more expensive then my Falcon at < $500.

I checked RACV and the premium is $1000+ :eek
    I just saw an ad for bingle.com.au and decided to check them out and the premium from them was $400ish.

I've got 28 days cooling off period with AAMI, so I'm considering switching to Bingle.

Has anyone had and experience good or bad with Bingle?

2. No but I've had plenty of them.....

I have all four of my vehicle-related insurances with QBE, which gives me a reasonable bargaining power (within the constraints of the insurance companies always having you by the throat anyway....)
  3. Not used them, sorry. Have previously been with GIO, & now with Youi because the car is generally parked at home all day! I've never had to claim with either, so it's probably not much help to you!

Our monthly bill with Youi is around $60 for full comp, less than half of what GIO was. I presume Bingle are similar, you tell them how much you drive the car & how many k's you do?
  4. I found out that Bingle is owned by AAMI, it's just an online only no frills operation. I'll probably go with them as 300 bucks is 300 bucks.
  5. Buget is pretty good and cheap, cheaper then mine and im with ING
  6. Bingle and Just Car insurance are subsidiaries of Aami.

I went with just car for my wifes new mazda 3 and they were by far the cheapest.