Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car Indicators

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by likuid, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Does anyone know if the wiring is the same on a car indicator to rig up to my bike, id rather have indicaters the mould into the fairing then weirdo pokey outey ones.

2. I think so, in that bike indicators are just bulbs. The circuitry that does the flashing is in the electronics somewhere in the bike itself. It should just be a matter of taking the old ones off and rewiring the -ve/+ve wires up to the new location.
    Make sure the indicator placement is legal, etc.
  3. Yeah yeah the wiring's the same...............

..........But......... Please don't tell me you're planning to superglue car indicators to the fairing. :shock:
  4. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Anyone have a couple of VR commodore indicators laying around?
  6. +1 to what others have said, it is sometimes nessessary to change the flasher unit, i knew alot of guys have had to do it with their firestorms when fitting vt commonwhore side indicators
  7. Yes same as long as bike electric system is 12 volt.

8. Stupid firestorms, why is everything so bloody hard :evil:
  9. lol vic, come on at least we don't need to modify anything on the fairings to fit flush mounts, where others need to purchase adaptors or put extra holes in, a flasher unit isn't that big a trade off is it?

10. tell you what, you buy everything that i need, give me instructions on how to do it and I'll DD the money into your account :)