Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car does right turn from oncoming traffic lane.

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Seroputers, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Pulled up into right turn lane to turn right onto a busy main road and had to double check my mirror (thought was my imagination) but when i look right theres a lady pulling up beside me in the oncoming traffic lane.:shock:
    Tried to catch her attention but she was too busy reading what looked like one of those giant paper maps.
    Thought Id be calling Ambo in the near future when light goes green and she cuts back across my lane to make the corner before the solid concrete divider.

Nothing beats the adrenaline rush from riding in Brisbane traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. haha, where was this?!
  3. That right there is an advertisement for retesting.
  4. I had someone do that with me the other day on Coro Drive turning right into Land St.

5. I've done that on a country road.

In Denmark!

Silly Euro's driving on the wrong side of the road!

Fun Ha!
  6. My thoughts too. Map suggests she was not a local?
  7. I don't think retesting would help people like that or get them off the road.
  8. Could be right mate... I suspect in this case though the driver has other driving flaws that a retesting instructor would baulk at and send the driver into the retraining loop. But still, it'd make for a great ad.
  9. True. But I suspect that when put 'to the test' they would perform admirably.

Years ago we had a hard time convincing my father (who was very ill) to stop driving, he was dangerous. He went to the expense of getting a driving instructor to 'test' him and we agreed to abide by the instrustors decision.

The driving instructor said that dad was more than competant and quite safe. We shook our heads, then stole his keys.