Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car/bike battery charger loan

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by slyfox, Dec 2, 2011.

1. I'm not having any luck using jumper leads to get my wheels kicking over.. does anyone have one of those fancy portable charger/jump starters that I could borrow this weekend for an hour or two? Happy to hand over a 6 pack for it's use.

(I'm in Bayside Melb.)

Thanks! :)

2. If I had of read this before I left this morning u could have borrowed mine
  3. Can I ask, with the jumper leads setup, have you left the [thinking you're trying to jump off car] car running for a minute before you crank the bike over? Shold get more then enough juice going thru unless you have bad connections at battery end [either bike or car end]
  4. Cheers Beza, hopefully I can sort something out soon.

Goodie, I actually left the car running for a good 5 mins. and then left it running while I tried to kick the dead vehicle over, sadly no nice. It's been sitting in a garage for months and so it's really drained down I think. ](*,)
  5. I've got a spare charger (arlec) if you want to borrow it.
    Give me a pm. :]
  6. You have obviously checked that it is a battery issue, if using jumper leads didn't get it going , then you may have other problems i.e. fuse.

If it is a flat battery, then buy a new one, don't waste your time to charge it. It will only break down again shortly ....
  7. Ended up taking Grange's advice, the battery had had it. Thanks to those who offered help. :)