Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Car Batteries

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Aug 17, 2008.

1. $200?????????? :shock:

Teach me for buying European :(

2. You didn't buy from the dealer, did you?

(Although, a top 3 year warranty battery costs $180 odd...)

3. Nah, haven't got one yet.

Looking around at prices and found most of them to be around the $200 mark.

Need to find one, jump start the car and go get one.

Or I could Holler for a Marshall for $199

Will see what prices I find by ringing around tomorrow

4. Prices are amazing! I picked up a two year warranty battery for the commode and it set me back $145 odd... from supacheap.

I've since learned that there are battery reconditioners about the place that will get you a battery for about 1/3 the price...

5. Cheapest I found outside rob's recommendations was K-mart. Batteries off the shelf. Little as $100 for something that will last a couple of years.

6. lol, I too was "living in the 70's" about the price of car batteries.
    I needed one for my car last week, I figured about $80 should get me a good one....
    :shock: wrong.

However, after going to Kmart, they had batteries on special last week, I noticed most were in the $120-$180 range, BUT....
    they also had MASSEE batteries and I got one for $57 :)

7. The difference with Supercheap is that they get their batteries replaced or tested every week, apparently it happens on a Tuesday... you can be sure of getting a decent fresh battery.

I dunno whether you could trust a kmart battery to be as fresh. However, at $57 a pop - that's hard to argue against!

8. That "Battery World" mob are good. Batteries for everything from trucks to vibrators. Good prices too.

9. $200 doesnt sound too bad,compared to $150 :shock: I paid for a battery for the bike and I had to put the acid in it and charge it my self

10. $170 from K-Mart Auto.

Calcium Battery, Extra Heavy Duty, 2 year warranty, maintenance free, condition indicator, Exide Brand.

Car is happy again.

11. Quoted $330 from the KTM dealer for a Yuasa for my bike.
    (Did find one at Intyre for $270).

FWIW, the Repco branded heavy duty in my rarely used car has lasted 9 years now, and never failed to start. Cost $130 IIRC.

12. Give me a call next time vic . I'd see what price I could've gotten for you.
    ( Trade pricing ) :wink:

13. Is that all? $680 quote from the dealer to replace the battery in the Jag on a routine service (cracked cover). Battery World to the rescue $280!

14. You could get the same battery from Ebay australia... approx $70. Loading the acid is a simple process.

15. Next time?

Why couldn't you help me out this time??? :p

16. Sorry, my psychic abilities seems to have diminished with age.
    I should have caught on the day my ear started twitching, but I thought it was just my ipod earplugs :LOL:

17. meh, it was all there for you to read.

I know your sort, wait till we've blown a heap of dough on stuff then you pipe up with "next time, ask me" :p

18. :rofl:

Well if the toolbar was working ... :-w