Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Captain gets his p's!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by thecptn, Feb 24, 2006.

1. No more courses
    No more books..

No more cagers dirty looks!

Yes! I got em today, passed the test, only put my foot down once on the cone one, every one in my group past, oh well, allow me to soak in my 15 minutes :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  2. Good shit man!

3. Any problems with the horn?
    did you do the group ride at the end?

I put my foot down in the tight u turn bay, fark i hated that.

4. Thanks guys, yeah the horn thing, the instructer checked my lights, indicators, than...my horn, looks like he turned a blind eye to it, yeah we went on a group ride, I must say, it looked bizzare a whole group of bikes with all the riders wearing lime green vests.
  5. How old is your arse
  6. Yeah i forgot about the vests.

Tho its pretty good at lunch, When i did mine every one went up to micky D's theres nothing like it, seeing 6 guys on bikes pull up and park out the front and walk in. Long looks from people to see what the heck was going on..!!

Tis the best.

Its a good feeling removing the L and replaceing it with a P..
  7. congrats on passing.
  8. Kishy, I is 25, but more like 6 :? Ive gotta go to the rta tommorow mornin to make it official of course, so tommorow night, im gunna burn my L plates and down a few cold ones :grin:
  9. Good one ctp ,mine is in a few weeks ,but no P's for me ,im old.

Give us some tips ,what was he/she picking on most , head checks, 4 fingers on levers ..........
  10. Well, for those who have crotch rockets, cbrs and the like, or monster cruisers, yammy vstars 650's dont bring em, that cruiser is just too big for a general novice to do slow maneuvering in tight spaces, cbrs, unless you have mastered slow maneuvering, than you will find it VERY hard, I saw one guy fail on one, poor fella kept putting his foot down, so its best to rent or borrow of a mate a cruiser 250 or a cb250 or some thing like that, but since you have a standard style bike, it wont effect you.

Now the emergency stop, don't put your fingers up to the clutch until you reach the cones to begin stopping, but the instructor makes things very clear, and is done in segments, the whole test only takes 5 or minutes and isn't as hard as you imagine, you will most likely enjoy the course, and you will be suprised you will learn quite a few things, the instructor really hammered home on honing the skills of observation when riding as one of the most important things, don't worry, you will most likely pass, also, if you do fail at a section, you will only have to pay $38 to rebook and do that section that you failed at again, and pass.
  11. Arrrrr ,didn't know about the resetting only the bit you stuff up on ,good tip .
    Sort of puts less pressure on you.

12. I do have some memories of when I was 25 :grin:

U have to wear the P's or not?
  13. No worries dog, hahah I bet you did kishy! :grin: yeah you have to put on the p plates, gee I cant wait for 12 month, captain got his eyes on a ducati monster some day :shock: :shock: :shock:
  14. Good stuff cptn, congrats!
  15. Congrats thecptn, don't know about

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  16. Congratulations Cptn! Please keep it upright and stay safe :)
  17. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm not a fan of naked bikes.. but the Ducati is HOT STUFF :cool: :cool:

How much one of these set U back?
  18. Yes they are huh? with a decent set of cans, they sound like cruiser vtwin....on roids! absoblooody sweet sound! I had a look for em on trading post, a 620 monster, is believe it or not, averaging 6-7k, which is damn cheap.