Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Captain America Shield

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Gobberwart, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a VERY long shot, but I'm going to post it here anyway. My 13 year old son is off to a fancy dress party this saturday night and has decided to commit (at the last minute) to going as Captain America. We've found him a costume but we don't have a shield so... does ANYONE have a Captain America shield in Melbourne? Willing to pay for it.

2. Good luck with that :D

If you can't find one, you could always make one. Wouldn't be that hard...
  3. I've offered that, but it might not be "cool" enough...
  4. Understand. Home made stuff is never as good (apparently).
  5. I remember sticky taping jumbo glad bags together to make a dinosaur costume for him when he was five. What happened???? Oh well, a home made job is plan B, but if anyone has a "proper" one, it'd be appreciated.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There is a heap on Ebay, if you ordered one in Australia tonight, if you don't live rural, it should be there by Friday. Otherwise there's probably pick up options.
  7. Yeah I've seen ebay. Delivery between 6/12 and 13/12. Should be ok but no guarantee and not much use if it doesn't get here on time.
  8. So it's your son that wants to complete their Captain America costume, yeah right. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Do you google image search everything you read?
  10. Actually that one I knew already existed. Just pleased I finally had an excuse to use it :)
    Lot easier than writing poetry :p
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I walked right into that, didn't I?
  12. You take the "picture's worth a thousand words" thing to a whole new level jd ;).
  13. Yep. With no pants on.
  14. With spandex pants on, thanks very much. Very well stuffed they are too :)

Looks like I'm making a shield tonight. Just need to find something roughly 60cms in diameter and slightly convex. The neighbour's Foxtel dish is looking tempting.
  15. Maybe a few less Happy Meals? As for the shield, requisition one of the wife's tupperware bowls, it's apparently unbreakable and should prove more than adequate as armour.
  16. Hmm, I don't think she has any bowls big enough. Even if she did, I think I'd be murdered, slowly and painfully, for painting one red, white and blue.

"Happy Meals"??? I've never heard them called that before.
  17. I remember when you never had to look too for a makeshift shield (or a sturdy set of cricket stumps).
  18. [​IMG]
    Still works well for stumps, but it's not quite so useful as a shield. Well, unless you just sort of crouch down behind/inside it I suppose.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. #19 jd, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Nah, wheelie bins are too big to make decent stumps. Plus you don't get that satisfying dent which proves someone's out like you do with a metal one.
    Of course as a kid the awesomest shield was one of those folding metal steamer baskets [​IMG] (better yet was the fact that breaking it meant no more steamed veggies).
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Here we go, looks like you could whip this up in no time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.