Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Capirossi and Vermeulen re-sign with Suzuki

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by cejay, Sep 5, 2008.

1. From the fag paper company...

2. Good. I'm pleased. Good team and good bikes.

3. ditto!

4. Wonder why is took so long to re-sign him, not to mention all the gossip about Vermulen maybe having a take a massive pay cut to stay with Suzuki. :?

SpeedTV.com reported that "in the 30 races since the introduction of the 800cc class in 2007, Vermeulen is third on overall points (299) with only Casey Stoner (554) and Valentino Rossi (439) ahead after the San Marino GP."

5. I'd love to see Chris run in the top three regularly throughout 2009, so lets hope the team manager was right when he said we haven't seen Chris' full potential yet.

6. From what I've gathered the new chassis is a great help for both riders with should help a fair bit in 2009. Hopefully this will give Chris that edge he's been needing to keep up the top end.

He's a fast rider and sure has more potential, but I think it's more the hardware. Give Suzuki some time though and they'll get some top bike action going.

Next year might prove far more interesting if Suzuki can get their bikes sorted and Chris keeps improving. :]

7. They should have signed Ben Spies instead of Loris, which is a real shame to say as I am quite the Loris fan.

8. Yeah, but Ben wants big $$$$

9. So would you, Cejay.

10. Agree,spot on port80.

11. A chance to ride the Smurf bike? Pfft, I'd do it for free!

12. it looks to me like spies can't get the money anywhere, he should have taken the ride. Go Chris....