Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cap Coast Scenic Ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by JuzzyDee, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Howdy All,

Discovered a new favorite Road(s) yesterday. If you're up this way, it's not the twistiest, or the most challenging, but it's a very relaxing and enjoyable ride, and doesn't stay too straight for too long at any given point.

Whenever light and weather permits, I'll be taking this way home from work, even if it does add an extra 20-30 minutes to the trip.

2. Only problem that I have found there is the wall to wall speed enforcement devices and the number of "incidents" on the rocky to emu park road. Tends to spoil a good ride.

Take a ride through Byfield towards Shoalwater bay (recommend turn round when bitumen ends).
    A few good rough corners there, not a fast area.
    Beware of tourists, locals, kids in 4wds, tradies, roos, wombats, etc.....
  3. Ohhh.. Incidents? I must admit, I'm generally oblivious to local news. Don't watch a lot of TV, read the paper or listen to the radio, so I'm generally in the dark. Sucks about the speed cameras too :(
  4. incidents =prangs
  5. your vote on the 21st will be well-informed then :roll:
  6. Indeed it will. Political and business/finance tragic here. Spend a lot of time on the news sites, political blogs etc etc. Q and A and insiders are the only shows on TV worth watching.

I'm just oblivious to local goings on, cause let's face it, Rocky is insignificant in the grand scheme of things!

So back on topic, the emu park to yeppoon part of the ride rocks. If you skip the emu park road bit, Yeppoon to Emu Park and back is a worthy ride in itself, albeit somewhat short. Plus, Emu Park has our regions most notable tourist attraction, The Singing Ship. Told you we were insignificant up here :p