Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cant start? mobile mechanic?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by DANNIBOI, Mar 24, 2009.

1. pretty much... bike shorted out wen i tried to start it when i left work...... its just electric, not getting a thing, not even my neutral light??? got a number for "the rolling mechanic" whos in kylsyith but havnt called yet as its a bit late know. was also gonna get road side assistance for the bike.... is there any point????

any advice???

2. hehehe, another dead Hyo...

Have you done the basic checks - battery terminals connected, charge at battery. Know how to roll start?

Anyhoo, Brett Harrington is good for this, his shop is in Ferntree Gully but he'll come and get the bike in his van. Number is available from www.madbiker.com.au, not sure if I should post it here.

Tell him Rob with the oily GSXR put you onto him - I've got some major work coming up and could use any discount I can get!

3. sounds like battery isnt earthed/connected. Had this happen on my car a while back. aboslutely nothing, no dash, lights, radio, hazards clock etc.

4. yer it was just the battery, got a jump from my mate today, but yer its pretty dead, gonna head down to battery world 2moz an pick up a new one and throw it in. ill hav a look at the alternater when i take it for a service next week.

cheers to those who replied.