Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can't see a friggin' thing!

Discussion in 'Everything Else' at netrider.net.au started by Maximisses, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hi guys.

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, but I need your help.

My bike is my only source of transport so I ride it to work everyday. This morning there was heavy rain. As I leave at 6.15am it's pretty dark heading down Ballarat Rd.

Anyway, my problem is I can hardly see a thing when heavy rain pelts down. (I'm happy if there's a car in front of me so I can follow their line)

I do the old visor up, visor down when I can, but the rain is a killer on the eye balls. lol!

Any tips for me?

2. more throttle

• Like Like x 3
  3. Is the water not beading off? i think there are products that can be applied to visors like RainX that will stop the water sticking to your visor. Just make sure its safe to be applied to your visor, i think they are mostly made of polycarbonate, so see if they label safes its safe foe plastics.

4. RainX on the outside of the visor and a Fog City (or similar) on the inside.

Note, 'polishing' the inside of the visor (and glasses if you wear them) with a little bit of shampoo or dishwashing liquid will also stop the visor (and your glasses) from fogging up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. there are some gloves with a wiper insert as well.

6.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  7.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
  8.  Top
  9. Great website. Thanks.

10. Grab some big safety glasses that cover as much of your face as possible and keep them under your seat, also good for when you've got aftermarket tinted visor on and it gets a little harder to see once the sun starts to go down.

Rain doesn't really get in (visor down about 2 clicks) and doesn't fog up, just my cheeks get a little cold ;)

11. I just love riding in the rain, visor down glasses fog up, visor up glasses get wet...so since I cant really see either way I just hope for the best.
    Someone once told me that if you ride as fast as the rain is falling, you wont get wet. As far as I can tell this doesn't work :/

• Like Like x 1
  12.  Top
  13. You need a STRUTEN-someone must have a pic of a Struten,problem solved.

14. If you are using a clear lense, you could also wear yellow (Like shooting glasses) safety glasses. These will remove that white haze you see.

15. What helmet do you wear?

I've a Shoei & use a anti fog visor insert & works a treat. It does fog up when I stop at lights etc but compared to no anti-fog, it's nothing.

16. Don't know if it will work, but sounds plausible.

[​IMG]

17. Anyone know where I can get some AS stickers for this ? ^