Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

can you wash your jacket with your pads inside?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ibanezboy21, Apr 7, 2009.

1. will it damage/soften the pads, been a hassle taking out the lining and having to re-attach the pads in the correct spots again.

btw im talking about handwashing, not machine washing.
  2. I have a dainese textile jacket. I remove the liner, back protector, shoulder and elbow pads to machine wash it and drip dry it like the label says.

I too was worried that the pads wouldn't be located in the right spot when I re-inserted them (shoulders held only by velcro). I threw them back in (previously noting which end was up and down etc) and had no problems.

Jacket is nice and shinny clean now. :)

Don't stress on it, you'll find the right spot pretty quickly. As for washing with the pro in, i wouldn't risk degrading the materials they are made from. If the label says remove them, I would.
  3. Don't be lazy. :p
  4. You, when your riding at water falls from the sky god, it cleans stuff
  5. yeah you will ruin the pad, tampons on the other hand have plastic around them so they should be fine unless they blow up 400 times its size :grin:
  6. Just worked out how you got to 1000 posts goz :facepalm:
  7. Can't wait to see a thread by goz asking the best way to remove tampon fluff from jacket pockets
  8. easy, teeth.
    same way i........................................

(so going to hell)
  9. ye but did u laugh?

edit. or should i say, did anyone laugh lol
  10. sorry to bump an old thread but is it alright to leave the elbow pads in the jacket while its beening washed?
    the thing seems to be permantly attached to the jacket and i cant seem to take it out (i got a dainese panama jacket)