Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

can you vent non vented pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by newtoit, Jul 19, 2012.

1. I have some textile pants and they are good in the cold just don't get much cold. So my idea is can I add a zip that I can open to let some air in. Maybe 100mm. Any thoughts??

2. Just wear jeans.
    Or ladies underwear - you know you want to...

3. Depends where you're planning on putting the zip. :-s

4. You can, but, given the work involved, is it really worth it?

5. Nitekeeper....thanks for the ladies underwear idea but thats only for blokes in Sydney!

I was thinking about adding a zip to the top thigh area. they a fully mesh lined so just need to get air in once it gets above 30deg and 70% humidity its just to hot in wind proof gear

6. So you're not aiming for crotchless pants then. :p

7. I don't mind crotchless pants just not for me. Most people would agree

8. You don't know what you're missing.
    Just make sure to get a sheepskin seat cover, hot vinyl isn't fun :shock: :LOL:

9. i took my old textile jacket, that had two breast pockets with zips, i perfd the inside of the pocket with a screw driver (a lot harder than i thought it would be) at the side of the road while on a ride in super hot weather.

10. Most of my pants already have a zip - right in the middle at the top, just where you need that cool breeze sometimes. I'm surprised you didnt get some like that living up in mackay.

11. +1 to chicks undies... Nothing like pulling up at the lights and having chicks check out ya whale tail.

On a more serious note. Yes, yes you can do it, but would be a lot easier to take it to a tailor and they will put a zip anywhere... Even in the broke back mountain position, for a price of probably round $40 or so...

12. I rode with my fly down once. It was very refreshing

13. Thanks I will fine someone to do it. I did order vented pants but the wind proof, with liner and full armour ones got delivered and with the money they gave me back these only owe me $60.