Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can you help?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 17SJS, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Hope this isn't out of line with the T&Cs, and that it's in an acceptable section of the forum - feel free to move it if it's not though.

I'll be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called The Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting the Queensland Institute of Medical Research, a worldwide leader in cancer research and discovery.

I'll be part of the Crew; the backbone of the event that will assist thousands of cyclists that weekend. All the proceeds will go to the Queensland Institute of Medical Research to support cancer research, treatment, and services. Some of you may have seen the request for volunteers in the QLD Rides section - that's what I'll be doing, providing support and safety to the cyclists as they make the trek. Unfortunately my recent ACL reconstruction means I'm nowhere near fit enough to participate on the pushy!

I've agreed to raise at least $500, but I've set my personal goal to $2500. So here's where you come in, because I need your help to do that. Could you please consider making a donation of $50, $20, even $10? You can even donate more and spread the donation over a number of months. Use the link at the bottom of this post to go visit my webpage, and please take the time to support me.

I know there's a few cyclists on here who I'm hoping will appreciate the cause enough to donate, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen the devastating effects cancer has on not only the sufferer, but their friends and family.

Thanks in advance for any help you can all offer. (y)